Name: PENG, SHIE-MING
Date of Birth: March 2, 1949
Tel: 886-2-2363 8305
Fax: 886-2-8369 3765
Address: Department of Chemistry National Taiwan University
No.1, Sec. 4, Roosevelt Rd., Taipei, Taiwan, R.O.C. 10617
Educational and Professional
- National Taiwan University, B.S., 1970.
- The University of Chicago, Ph.D., 1975.
- Northwestern University, Post doctor, 1975-1976.
Current Position and Relevant Experience
- National Taiwan University Professor, 1980-Now.
- Universitaet Muenster, Germany, Visiting Professor, 2012.
- Academia Sinica, Vice President, 2011-2014.
- Universite de Strasbourg (ULP) , France, Visiting Professor, 2009.
- Institute of Molecular Science, Japan, Visiting Professor, 2008.
- Chuo University, Japan, Visiting Professor, 2004.
- University of Zaragoza, Spain, Visiting Professor, 2003
- Chemical Society Located in Taipei, President, 2001-2002.
- Universite Louis Pasteur, France, Visiting Professor, 2000.
- National Taiwan University, Vice President, 1999-2002.
- Institute of Molecular Science, Japan National Laboratory, Visiting Scholar, 1991.
- Department of Chemistry, National Taiwan University, Chairman, 1987-1990.
- Institute of Chemistry, Academia Sinica, Acting Director, 1985-1987.
- Max-Planck Institute of Solid State Research, Humboldt Fellow, 1983-1984.
- National Taiwan University, Associate Professor, 1976-1980.
Honors and Awards
- Humboldt Fellow, 1983.
- Outstanding Young Alumni, National Taiwan University, 1985.
- Sun-Yat Sen Foundation, Academic Award, 1991.
- Chinese Chemical Society (Taipei), Academic Award, 1992.
- Ho Foundation, Academic Award, 1996.
- National Science Council, Outstanding Research Award, 1986, 1988, 1990, 1993.
- National Science Council, Distinguished Researcher, 1995, 1998.
- Ministry of Education, Science Award, 1996.
- Ministry of Education, Chair Professor, 1997-2000.
- Member of Academia Sinica (Academician), 1998.
- Chang Foundation, Academic Award, 2000.
- TWAS (The Third World Academy of Sciences) Prize in Chemistry, 2002.
- Member of TWAS, 2004.
- Phi Tau Phi Taiwan Chapter, Outstanding Achievement Award, 2005.
- Y.Z. Hsu Scientific Chair Professor, 2006.
- Taiwan-Frence Science Prize, 2008.
- Chair Professor, National Taiwan University, 2006, 2009, 2014.
- Fellow of the Royal Society of Chemistry, 2009.
- International Award, Japan Society of Coordination Chemistry, 2011.
- FACS, Foundation Lectureship Award, 2011.
- Presidential Science Prize of Taiwan, 2013.
- Luigi Tartufari International Chemistry Prize, Italin Academy of Sciences, 2014.
- Russian Academy of Engineering, Foreign Member, 2014.
- Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (JSPS), Fellow, 2015.
- Distinguished Chinese Visiting Scholar Lectureship of Hong Kong Baptist University, 2015.