- Sc. National Tsing-Hua University, 1976
Ph. D. Columbia University, 1981.
Postdoctor, Texas A&M, 1981-1982
Associate Professor, National Tsing Hua University 1982-1987.
Professor, National Tsing Hua University, 1987-present
Professional Activities and Honors:
(1) Recipient of outstanding research award, National Science Council, (Taiwan), 1989-1995.
(2) Fellow of National Science Council, 1995-2001.
(3) Award from Chinese Culture and Academic Foundation, 1993
(4) Award for Research Fellowship from Foundation for the Advancement of Outstanding Research Foundation. (1999-2003)
(5) Member of Advisory Board for Organometallics 1993-1995, 2011-1013.
(Chief Editor, Professor Dietmar Seyferth)
(6) Scholar Award for Natural Science from Education Ministry 2000.
(7) Recipient of National Chair Professorship from Education Ministry (2001-2004).
(8) Chair Professor of Natural Science, Tsing-Hua University (since 2003).
(9) Recipient of National Chair Professorship from Education Ministry with permanent honor (2005-2008)
(10) Member of Advisory Board for Synlett and Synthesis 2009-1011, Thieme publisher (Chief Editor, Professor Peter Vollahardt)
(11) Member of Advisory Board, for Journal An Asia Chemistry, Wiley Publisher, 2014-2017.
(12) Member of Advisory Board for Asia Journal Organic Chemistry, Wiley Publisher, 2013-2016.
(13) Member of Advisory Board for Org. Chem. Frontiers, Royal Society of Chemistry, 2013-2015.
56 Invited or Plenary Lectures on International Conferences
Publications: 290 scientific articles and 6 invited review papers